I can’t say that I am as season as some, but I do have two children of different sex’s and I would like to go over tips and advice a pregnant woman should know before having their first baby.
- There’s going to be a crazy amount of horror stories that you will hear from other mothers. DON’T think that it will happen to you. Every woman is different. Every experience is different. Don’t let one mother’s story get into your head and determine what your birthing story will be.
- Being emotional is COMPLETELY normal. It’s mostly in the third trimester, that you are a walking crazy lady, but it’s normal just the same.
- Not every women enjoys being pregnant! We do not ALL glow. I personally hated every minute of being pregnant with my daughter. I felt like death crap ALL the time. With my son, I enjoyed everything about it! Our bodies are their own mind. You will just have to go with it!!
- Pickles are not everybody’s thing! It’s funny, as soon as someone hears that you are pregnant, they automatically think that you want a jar of dill pickles with ice cream. Give me a break we don’t all have cravings and we don’t all crave the same thing!!
- Some woman have the perfect basketball bellies, some do not…that’s all I will say about that.
- Just because there are two of you now…doesn’t not mean you can eat for two….their is only you trying to loose the weight. Be healthy.
- Reading all the books out there does not make you a perfect mother. It’s all about trial and error. We all make mistakes. All of our children have fallen off of a bed or two.
- Don’t stress over every feeling that you body gives you. Enjoy what you can, and if you can’t then don’t over analyze, take a nap and then revisit the situation.
- You will have to pee all the time! It will take more time to pull down your pants, dribble and wipe yourself then what will actually come out of you! This will get very annoying, but not as annoying as still ”dribbling” yourself after you have the baby.
- Enjoy taking bath or shower. It won’t happen very often when you have your new baby.
- It’s over rated to get brand new things for the baby, example, crib, highchair, exersaucer…….they grow out if it in a heart beat. If you can get the same things for second hand, you are smok’in with gas.
Being pregnant can be one of the most wonderful experiences. Go with it, enjoy all the firsts, enjoy people rubbing your belly and guessing what you are going to have. Basque in the glory that you are creating an amazing member to our society and your family.
These are just a few thoughts do you have any advice for an expecting mom? Did you experience any of the listed above? What would you add to your own personal list?
Click here to subscribe to my blog; that way when I write an article it will go right to your email. Don’t miss out on anything!!